All About Me

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Adventure #2

I had absolutely no clue what to make for dinner tonight. I looked at so many recipes that they all started blurring together. Then I remembered a recipe for macaroni and cheese with ham, but because I didn't really feel like making it with ham, I changed it up a bit. Instead, I made it with my favorite meat ever...BACON!

Ingredients:
-1 box elbow macaroni
-4 cups milk
-1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese (we got sharp)
-1/2 of a medium onion, diced
-8 strips of uncooked bacon, diced into small pieces
-3 tablespoons flour
-4 tablespoons butter

Instructions:
-Preheat oven to 400F.
-cook macaroni as instructed on box.
-In a medium saucepan, heat milk and butter. Whisk in flour keep stirring until mixure is smooth.
-To milk mixure add in about 3/4 of the bag of cheese.
-Drain macaroni and add into the cheese mixure. Salt and pepper to taste.
-in a frying pan, fry up bacon and onions. when bacon is fried to your liking, drain the grease and add the bacon mixture into your noodles.
-Grease a baking dish, and add your Mac n cheese creation. Sprinkle the remainder of your cheese on top and put in the oven until the sprinkled cheese melts.
-Put on your plate and enjoy the bacon and cheese goodness

No comments:

Post a Comment